Under the provision of Attorney Act and the regulations of Japan Federation of Bar Associations, we may receive the claims for collection in Japan forwarded from collection agents only if the following Requirements are met. We would like the agents to submit us the Document below in advance.
1) The collection agent has been authorized by the creditor-client to collect the claims and also authorized to forward the claims for collection to the third party.
2) The agent forwards the claims to us based on the above authorization of the creditor-client.
Contents of Document:
1) The agent pledges that the creditor-clients of all the claims to be forwarded have authorized it to forward the claims for collection to the third party.
2) The agent as a forwarder authorizes us to collect the claims in Japan for the creditor-client.
Please note that attorneys are prohibited from doing the following under the provision of Attorney Act and the regulations of Japan Federation of Bar Associations.
1) receiving a referral of a client from any person other than a lawyer
2) distributing compensation with non-lawyers
3) paying a reward or other consideration for receiving a referral of a client